Have you thought about working with polyamorous clients but don't know where to start? Has a client come out as poly and you didn't know how to respond? Do you want to increase your capacity for working with non-monogamous clients? Do you want to increase your caseload of non-monogamous clients?
If the answer is yes, Poly 101 is for you!
In this course, you will learn:
- The basics of non-monogamy, such as definitions for common terms and familiarity with community resources!
- How to challenge assumptions about what it means to be poly or what being poly means about a person!
- What it will look like when it shows up in the room and what the heck to do with it!
- Ways to help your clients explore if they want to "come out," and how to support them if they decide to do so!
- Simple steps to set up a practice that is welcoming, affirming, and knowledgeable!
- Marketing strategies to attract the clients you want to serve!
Your instructors, Lindsay and Traci will also be here to support you along the way! Expand your understanding of relationships, expand your knowledge, and expand your practice!
All the best,
Lindsay + Traci
LEARNING TOOLS USED IN THIS COURSE:
- Written Lecture
- Video Tips
- Journal Prompts
- Example Worksheets/Forms for Use With Clients
- Resource Lists (Books and Online)
- All required materials are available online or provided by the instructors.
Lindsay is a Licensed Master Social Worker and Therapist in Austin, TX. She is Trans and LGBQ Affirmative, Poly Knowledgeable, and Kink Aware. She offers individual, relational, and group therapy as well as consultations. Lindsay is supervised by Louis Laves-Webb, LCSW, LPC-S.
Traci is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Yoga Teacher in Orange, CA. They are Queer, Trans, Genderqueer, Non Monogamous, and Kink Affirming and Knowledgeable. They offer therapy, life coaching, and consultations for clients and providers.
Find out more info about Traci at www.compassionaterevolt.com.
Both Lindsay and Traci offer in person and online services! Get connected to their individual practices to stay up to date with their community work and online offerings!